Thursday, March 01, 2007

IE7 - SharePoint - Office 2003 and 2007 Issue - Fix

I am not sure if many people are having an issue but I have seen several reports of the same issue I am currently experiencing.

My issue: Go to a SharePoint Services 2.0 Document Workspace and try to open any file stored there. IE 7 crashes.

My desktop has IE7, Office 2003 and Office 2007 installed. I have Project pro 2003 and 2007 installed and FrontPage 2003 and SharePoint Designer and Expression Web. I also have VS .net 2003 and VS 05.

I have not found a solution to the issue yet but I will post as soon as I do. Note: The issue only began a few days ago.

OK so I found a solution. corband posted on Technet, it seems to work for me.
http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1197148&SiteID=17&mode=1

1) Go to “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12”
2) Delete “OWSSUPP.DLL”
3) “Start” -> “All Programs” -> “Microsoft Office” -> “Microsoft Office Tools” -> “Microsoft Office Diagnostics”
4) Run the diagnostics and it should fix 1 issue in its last step

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I beleive there's now a hotfix for this.You can find it at:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938888

Regards,
YonZo