Thank you to the Microsoft team for making the new one available for all :).
Dear EPM enthusiasts! The last PPM/EPM 2007 VPC v4 based on Project 2007 is out! The current v3 will expire mid-August, so you want to get v4 as soon as possible.
Project and Portfolio Management (PPM/EPM) VPC v4
VPC version: 4.0
Expiration date: 11/1/2010
Size: 18GB / 10GB (compressed)
Products version: 2007
SP/CU version: SP2, April CU
· New SSRS reports to showcase the upcoming report pack (will be announced later in August)
· SP2 and April Cumulative Update for Project, Project Server, WSS, and SharePoint Server
· Usage must adhere to EULA terms: “…You may use the software in the virtual hard disk image only to demonstrate and internally evaluate it. You may not use the software in a live operating environment…”
· Recommended HW configuration is 2 GB RAM (available for the VPC) and performance Hard Drive
VPC and script are accessible as hosted TechNet Virtual Lab
Please email Proj2007@microsoft.com for download links.
· Q: Where is the demo script?
o A: It’s part of the compressed archive. Alternatively you can use the original v2 demo script.
· Q: Is the SP2 for Project Portfolio Server 2007 installed in this VPC final?
o A: Project Portfolio Server (PPS) SP2 installed in this VPC v4 is not the version of officially released SP2 for PPS, but on parity feature-wise.
· Q: Why is the http://epm2007demo URL not in the IE’s Trusted sites anymore?
o A: Feel free to add the server URL into the IE Trusted sites list, especially if you are demoing the “out-of-the-box” reporting capabilities of Project Server that are using the Office Web Components. Else we discourage you to do so as you might get prompted for credentials on every time you try to access any sub-site in the http://epm2007demo location.
· Q: Where can I learn more about Project 2010?
o A: http://www.msprojectconference.com